DC LAW NEWS ALERTS
- 457 Laws Get Tough!
- On 27 June 2013 the Government’s proposed changes to the subclass 457 visa program set out in the Migration Amendment (Temporary Sponsored Visa) Bill 2013 passed through the Senate. The Bill is currently awaiting royal assent and it is likely that the changes will take effect as a matter of priority.
- Nomination Requirements and the Significant Investor Visa
- The Significant Investor Visa arrangements require that applicants for the provisional 188 and subsequent 888 permanent residence visas have state nomination in place.
- The 5 Million Dollar Visa!
- Got a Spare 5 Million? Buy your way into Australia Today! On 24 November the Minister for Immigration & Citizenship rolled out the Significant Investor Provisional-to-Permanent Visa arrangements under the new Business Innovation and Investor Stream.
- The National Business Name Register
- Has your business registered its business name? ASIC is making life easier by cutting the red tape…
- Government to get tough on hiring of illegal workers
- Immigration Minister Chris Bowen announced the federal government will introduce new laws next year to crack down on the hiring of illegal workers.
- Retailers and Manufacturers Beware!
- New Warranty Rules Apply from 1 January 2012 - From 1 January 2012, new rules will govern the wording of warranties given by suppliers to consumers who purchase goods and services...
- Retention of Title
- Radical Changes on the Horizon - Does your business have a ‘retention of title’ clause in its trading terms? The days when a supplier could invoke a retention of title clause in an ...
- A New Source of Director Liability
- In a recent decision of the Supreme Court of Queensland, an often overlooked section of the Corporations Act (the “Act”) was invoked by a plaintiff to make a...
Click here to view all DC News