Peter joined Diamond Conway as a Partner of the Property Services Group in March 2012 and heads the Banking and Finances Services of the firm. Peter has over 30 years experience in a broad range of property, commercial, banking and finance areas.
Peter acts for developers, banks, financial institutions, companies and individuals in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties across Australia.
Peter has advised banks and other financial intuitions in relation to domestic and overseas lending, securities enforcement and workouts. Peter has also been actively involved in the development of the mortgage banking and securitisation industry. He attends Banking and Financial Seminars in Australia and overseas and advises clients in the United States of America, Europe and Asia.
Peter gives seminars to fellow practitioners and conducts in house training for clients on banking and property subjects, including the provisions and requirements of the lending legislation in New South Wales.
Peter’s clients include Australian and International Banks and Financial Institutions, Shopping Centres, Trustee Corporations, Public and Private Corporations, Corporate Executives, Professionals, small to medium enterprises and business entrepreneurs.
Peter has written a book entitled “The Law of Retail Leasing”, dealing with the Retail Leases Act and the effect of this legislation on Retail Leases in New South Wales.
Peter’s other experience includes
- Speaker at seminars to banks and financial institutions on aspects of domestic, commercial and corporate lending, law and practice
- Guest speaker at Education Seminars for the Mortgage Industry Association of Australia
- Chairperson at College of Law Continuing Legal Education Seminars
- Has sat on Board of Directors of leading unlisted Property Syndicate Company
- Has sat on Board of Directors of leading Mortgage Origination/Management Companies
- Author of the book "The Law of Retail Leasing in New South Wales"
- Pioneering with First American Title Insurance Company to set up one of the first entities in Australia to provide title insurance and ancillary processes to various Lenders
Areas of Expertise
Business & Commercial
Business Structures and Transactions
Financing for Business (Incl. Factoring)
Taxation and Duties
Securities and Enforcement
Banking and Finance
Residential and Commercial Lending
Investment and Property Banking
Capital Markets and Securitisation
Commercial Property Leasing
Property Development and Construction
Residential and Commercial Property Sale and Purchase
Retirement & Aged Care Accommodation & Contracts
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Debt Recovery (& Insolvency)
Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and of the High Court of Australia since 1977
City of Sydney Law Society Member
Member of the Mortgage Industry Association of Australia
Fellow of the Taxation Institute of Australia
Member of the Law Council of Australia