Before joining Diamond Conway’s litigation team in early 2012, Alan was head of the Litigation Group at a large CBD law firm, acting in a wide range of litigation matters as well as in property and general commercial work.
Alan has experience in a broad range of dispute resolution, recovery services and general litigation including
- Debt Recovery
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Workplace Agreements
- Trade Practices
- Product Liability
- Employment Conditions and Entitlements
- Enterprise Bargaining and Awards
- Occupational Health and Safety
- Termination and Employment
- Property Disputes
- Land and Environment
- Securities and Enforcement
- Financial Agreements
Alan’s clients include a broad range of individuals, small businesses and multi-national companies. Alan deals with executives and management at all levels in corporations, including in-house legal counsel and human resource departments.
Alan’s qualifications and memberships include:
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of New South Wales and the High Court of Australia
- Commercial mediator, Australian Commercial Disputes Centre
- Director of the Law Society of New South Wales Ltd.
- Member of Law Society committees and Councillor.
- Member of the Law Council of Australia.
- Part-time member Commercial Trader & Tenancy Tribunal.
- Former research assistant and tutor, Law School, University of New South Wales and author of several papers and course notes for the Law Faculty.
- Co-author, Lawyers Practice Manual for New South Wales (Butterworths’ Publication) and Costs Guidebook.
- Sometime presenter and speaker for UTS and at commercial seminars.
- Contributor, Pocket Guide to the Law, first published by Law Foundation of New South Wales.
- Author of numerous papers for the Law Society of NSW.
Areas of Expertise
Business & Commercial
Securities and Enforcement
Occupational Health and Safety
Termination of Employment
Dispute Resolution & Litigation
Arbitration & Mediation
Competition & Consumer Law Disputes
Debt Recovery (& Insolvency)
Family Provision Claims
Parenting Plans& Orders
B.A. LL.B. (UNSW); GAICD